Sunday, February 22, 2009

I am a material girl: What I want

So sue me, the first one's not exactly 'materialistic'. Whatev.
After 7 years of wanting, by May 30 this year, I WILL have a tattoo. I'm getting the word 'believe' tattooed on the inside of my foot. Yes, I'm aware that foot tattoos are incredibly painful, but I want it there, so I'm getting it there.
Something like this:


I'm not normally big on 'fancy' writing, but a I found this one and I don't mind it. I think I'd get the 'B' in lower case. If I didn't go the 'fancy' writing, I'd love to get it done in my own handwriting. It would add more meaning to the tattoo for me too.

Once I've got me some ink, I daresay I'll be hankering for more, so tattoo number two will probably be a tear drop. Either on my wrist, or on the back of my neck.

I also want a home. One of my own. Where I can paint the bathroom hott pink and the bedroom ceiling silver. Not that I would, I have a wee bit more taste than that, but I yearn for a home for me and The Boy. Where one day we'll walk through the threshold as a newly married couple. Where one day we'll bring home our first born child.

I have found an almost perfect property already, but we're not technically looking yet. Finances and stuff to sort out *roll of the eyes* A girl can dream though, and this girl is certainly a dreamer. One day. A little townhouse of our own. Bliss.

Hmmm ... While I'm being uber-selfish, what else do I want?

I'd love a nice car for The Boy and I to go for leisurely Sunday drives in. I don't want the costs associated with it though, so that could make that one a little tricky.

I'd love to tone up and lose about 5kg. Okay, so I know this one's up to me and I should really put in more effort. Which I will. I really don't like myself right now.

I'd love a new computer, and admittedly we'll be getting a 'new' computer in a couple of weeks, so I've no need to feel guilty, materialistic and gluttonous for this want.

I'd love some ice-cream right now. Yum. Cold Rock would go down a treat (no pun intended).

Short of indulging in the above, some chocolate would go down fantastically right now also. Alas, the only chocolate we have is not worth the calories. Blergh.

Bah, let's face it, what I really want is to win the lotto. I'd set myself up for life and indulge like there was no tomorrow. After all, this life is here to be lived.

pics from Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment