Friday, February 27, 2009

Decision Time

So lately I've been feeling a little lost. Generally I'm happy but I don't feel 100% "Fulfilled". A friend was talking about doing a course to help her along in her chosen career, and it got me thinking about doing the same thing.
Then I had a think about completing a course in something totally un-career-related, just for s's and g's. To get my 'creative juices flowing' and all those cliches.
Thoughts averted back to advancing my knowledge in my career (Ooh! I used the 'C' word. It's not just a J.O.B. any more, is it?!) and I've decided that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to complete a Diploma which would be a useful little qualification to have under my belt, and once my study is up, I'll reconsider doing a course just for the sake of it.
First step - talk to my boss about getting it funded by work!
I'm getting rather excited about it all actually. I'm working in a field that I would never have even considered entering when I was young and dreaming of a wonderful career as a journalist (although the realistic side of me did kick in at one stage, as I had no desire to work for the local rag in a two-horse town ... Okay, so maybe the town was a little bigger, but you get my drift!). Life got in the way of those dreams, and I found myself just needing a job. Over a year later I'm still there, but I went from temping to permanent in about 6 weeks, so I must've done something right.
I really enjoy working where I'm working, and think it would an interesting career to pursue. Working my way up the ranks, around the traps. And heck, if I feel a need to write in years to come, I could always work on that novel or study again and try and crack into the world of journalism.
Who knows where I'll go on this yellow brick road of life.
Onwards and upwards from here - let's get me a diploma!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck - follow your dreams, who knows where they will take you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your going to be all learned and stuff :P
    Sounds great darl.
    (glad your back blogging again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost Diploma are more common than many people might think, and anyone can be fooled into believing they are receiving a quality education when in reality, they are not.

    ReplyDelete