Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Return to Blogging

It's been some time (several months even) since I've last blogged. I had another blog set up but forgot my log-ins etc etc and didn't see the harm in setting up a new one instead, so here I am!
7.50am Saturday. I've been out of bed for *shudders* over an hour. I've been awake for *shudders* well over an hour. Welcome to Valentines Day with a partner who sells flowers for a living (but he's not a florist - he's a flower wholesaler. There is a difference, and his sexuality is in tact). Of course, there are good things about having a partner who has access to the best flowers in the city - there's a darned good chance he'll be coming home with a bunch of said best flowers once he's finished for the day.
Admittedly, waking up this morning was nowhere near as painful as it was last Saturday. I was up at about 7.20am, getting ready for yet another chiropractic adjustment when I hear the sound of a brass instrument. The lovely little cherub next door has chosen to learn a brass instrument and practice at a ridiculous hour on a Saturday morning. Nice. Fortunately, given that I was awake, it was *almost* bearable. For aforementioned partner (hereafter referred to as S) it was not bearable. Despite not being the spring chicken he once was, the previous evening, S had gone to a concert and arrived home at around 2.30am. Hearing a brass instrument being played by an amateur 5 hours later does not mix well with the after affects of alcohol. It was rather amusing for me. Until I realised that the player knew only two songs: 'Three Blind Mice' and the opening bars of 'Eye of the Tiger'. So we were treated to a 'Three Blind Eyes of the Tiger' medley. Should've been released as a single - it would've shot right to the top of the charts. ... Or maybe not.
As it turns out, the offending instrument was a tuba. Have you ever seen a young girl (I'm guessing about 8) with a tuba? She must be developing some serious arm muscles carting that thing around. *ponders using a tuba for weight training*
Instead, I was awoken this morning with cuddles and kisses and "Happy Valentines Day, baby. I love you so much". Aww. How can a girl object to that? Not being able to get back to sleep afterwards was less than enjoyable, so here I am blogging. Instead of housework or packing for our night away. Meh. There are hours between now and when we leave. At least 4 of them. Plenty of time. It's only a night. I'll only need to work out which 3 pairs of shoes I should take, not 5. No, I'm not that bad. Not always. I managed a week-long trip to NSW with 4 pairs of shoes, and I only wore 2 pairs. And bought 1 new pair.
Clearly my lack of sleep in is beginning to catch up with me, as I'm fairly certain I'm beginning to ramble ("Beginning??" scoff the readers). Although if you can't ramble in a blog, where can you ramble?

No comments:

Post a Comment