Monday, March 23, 2009

Friends

At the ripe old age of 24 (rapidly approaching 25, but that's another issue for another post), I finally feel content with who I am and the person I present myself to be. For the first time, I feel that I have true friends who I enjoy having in my life, and cherish the bonds that I have with each of them.
Friendships were missing from my life for a very long time, and while it was a lonely time, I'm glad that I've only just (over the last year or so) found true friends who appreciate the person that I am. Like any relationship, they shouldn't be taken lightly. Friendships are as much of a commitment to one another as partnership. Moreso in some ways.
I love creating new friendships with interesting people that 'get me' and make me smile and appreciate what both of us bring to the table of our friendship and to the big bad world.
Friends are awesome. Cherish each and every person that you call a friend.
x

2 comments:

  1. Friends ARE awesome. You're awesome ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemma...you have come a long way! Your so happy it's infectious xxxx

    ReplyDelete