Thursday, March 5, 2009

"Love the Beast"

There's a lot of publicity at the moment for Eric Bana's latest movie, and after seeing one interview and hearing another, I have an overwhelming desire to experience this movie. I've never wanted to see a movie quite so much!
I love the way he explains it. That loving "The Beast" is not about his obsession with his car, it's about passion. Bana has not made this movie with car lovers in mind, in fact, quite the opposite. It's his way of showing people who aren't obsessive about cars why some people are.
The whole concept has really got me thinking about my "Beast", and whether or not I actually have one.
I'm beginning to think my "Beast" is writing. I go through long phases of not writing anything, then other times once the pen hits the paper I just can't stop. Words flow out and I just write and write and write.
It's my release. The expression of my thoughts and feelings. When I was younger, I preferred to write fiction, but everything almost always contained an element of reality, or the reality I wanted for myself.
Nowadays, I write to get out those thoughts that just swim around in my mind. I go through phases of deep, raw, emotional journalling. Generally I'm confused and just trying to put my thoughts into words. Writing releases that confusion and provides me an element of clarity. Usually.
Yes, writing is definitely my "Beast". I love it, I'm passionate about it. It is an essential part of the Gemma you read about when you are bored enough to read my blog.
Writing + lots of other stuff = Gemma.
What's your beast?

No comments:

Post a Comment